1. Title: IS 520 - Continuity of Operations for Pandemic Influenza
2. Keywords/Themes: Seasonal Influenza, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Pandemic Influenza, Activation, After-Action Report, Antibiotic, Antibody, Antiviral, Asymptomatic, Carrier, Concept of Operations, Continuity Advisory Group (CAG), Continuit Facility, Continuity of Operations, Continuity Plan, Continuity Program Management Cycle, Corrective Action Program (CAP), Corrective Actions, Department of Homeland Secturiy (DHS), Delegation of Authority, Devolution, Devolution Plan, Emergency Operating Records, Epidemic, Epizootic, Essential Functions, Evaluation Plan, Federal Continuity Directive (FCD), Federal Executive Board (FEB), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), General Services Administration (GSA), Go Kit, Homeland Security Presidential Directive 20 (HSPD-20), Host, Human Capital, Immune system, Incident, Infectious agent, Influenza, Mission Essential Function (MEF), National Essential Function(NEF), Pandemic, Panzootic, Parasite, Pathogenic, Pre-pandemic vaccine, Preparedness, Primary Mission Essential Function (PMEF), Reconstitution, Regional Interagency Steering committee (RISC), Vaccine, Virulent, Virus, Vital Records, Vital Resources
3. Course Description:
This course introduces students to the characteristics of a pandemic influenza, the effects that a pandemic influenza can have on every facet of our society, and the steps their organizations can take to minimize the effects of a pandemic.
4. Intended Audience:
personnel at any level of government, representatives from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), or representatives from private industry who may have a need for a basic understanding of pandemic influenza and the impacts that they can expect should a widespread pandemic occur in the United States
5. Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the differences between seasonal influenza and pandemic influenza.
- Relate the effects of a pandemic influenza to daily organizational operations and basic services.
- Describe strategies for resolving continuity challenges presented in a pandemic situation.
6. Pre-requisites/Learning Level: No Pre-requisites
7. Competencies addressed:
8. CEUs Offered: .1
9. Cost: Free
10. Modality/format: Online Self-Pace
11. Length: 1 hour
12. Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts: FEMA
13. Technical requirements:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
14. Registration requirements: Register a free account
15. Creation and/or update: October 31, 2013