The purpose of this course is to focus on the communication skills you will need as a leader in a public health department. It is well known that having effective communication skills is crucial to managing staff and clients in a cooperative and functional manner, and that being able to clearly present ideas enhances career mobility. The communication elements discussed in this course are designed to provide insight into your professional and personal communication.
- Classify the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Identify behavioral and communication styles
- Explain how different communication styles clash
- Describe how to adjust to the different communication styles
- Weigh the perspectives of others
Communication 1.1. Listen actively and respectfully while acknowledging the thoughts and opinions of other.
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Register a free account