Contact: Brandi Bordelon
Phone: (504) 988-1342
This course is designed to provide you with the communication skills you will need to help you take the next step up in your organization. After taking this course, you will be able to reach a positive outcome with those you supervise by understanding personal communication style differences, using turn-taking effectively, noticing facial expressions which may signal emotions, and maintaining an appropriate body posture when communicating. You will learn the preferred pace of the different styles, and how styles shift under stress. You will learn how to increase your productivity by identifying high payoff activities, handling conflicting priorities, and using your most productive time of day to your advantage. You will learn how to deal with difficult people by improving your listening skills and becoming a more persuasive person.
- Describe good working relationships with your colleagues that build trust
- Identify the communication breakdowns that come from personal style differences
- Name the personal strategies that increase your productivity
- Interpret with skill the words of your colleagues as well as understanding the meaning behind their words
- Describe how to manage others with respect
Online course composed of 5 modules
Intended Audience/Level of Training:
4 hours. You have 7 weeks from the day you enroll to finish this course. This course is self-paced
Continuing Education Units (CEU):
ASNA Nursing: 2.1 and/or Social Work: 2.0
Communication 1.1 and 1.4. Listen actively and respectfully while acknowledging the thoughts and opinions of other. Express empathy and respond accordingly to meet the needs of the interaction or situation.
External Training - South Central Public Health Partnership